Overall monitoring and supervision of the correct implementation/application of aviation security procedures and decide on clearance of passengers profile and acceptance of travel documentation.
- To collect, centralize, update and manage all immigration related elements in order to prevent the entry of inadmissible.
- Daily structural and specific passport controls at Brussels Airport in order to reduce the fines linked to refugees/undesirable foreigners and therefore prevent an additional cost for the organization.
- Entitled to decide to accept or deny passengers on flights. Entitled to decide to disembark the passenger or allow him on the flight Intervention and mediation when problems occur with “unruly passengers” in Brussels and during the flight. To accept or refuse the boarding in case of security risk.
- Solving daily problems related to passengers’ passports & visa and taking care of the settlement of open cases. Daily answering all questions from our outstations concerning passport and visa rules for the entire world.
- Coordination and optimization of non-violent repatriation of inads. Coordination between the Department of Federal Immigration Belgium, the federal police force and the refugee centres. Control of the repatriation of DEPU/DEPA's/assessment of security risks on board concerning the repatriation of such deportees/inads. Contacts with the federal police force or embassies in order to provide a solution (rerouting, application visa, lengthening passport…) in case of non-admitted passengers at a border.
- To persuade and stimulate the inads by means of conversations in the closed centres to leave in a voluntary and non-violent manner in conformity with the company policy concerning non-violent repatriation.
- To check and report all ongoing procedures concerning Aviation Security as imposed by the Head of Security & Contingency in order to ensure the compliance with the procedures.
- To execute accompaniment flights as Accompanying Security officer (passport control, aviation security) in case of increased threat, problem in the outstations or on board.
- Training and coaching of outstations. Every PSI acts as coach to assigned outstations concerning passport control. Detecting problems at an early stage through analysis and close follow up, and searching for solutions. Therefore regular contacts, visits and training in the outstations with both local staff and third companies are arranged.
- To carry out missions, short and long period, abroad as SSO (station Security officer) in order to guarantee the security of Brussels Airlines operations in the outstations, for both aviation security and passport control.
- Higher secondary education or equivalent through experience
- Operational aviation experience; security experience
- It skills: user knowledge of Word, Excel, Access. Knowledge of reservation systems and DCS
- Languages: 3-lingual Dutch, French, English: spoken and written
- Very good administrative skills
- Knowledge of Belgian and international immigration legislation
- Very good sense of responsibility, work ethics focused on integrity. Able to respect and accept rules, regulations and procedures. Strong communication skills and assertiveness, combined with diplomacy, and able to command respect and act as representative of the airline.Able to assess situations quickly and accurately, and provide feasible solutions. Able to take decisions and work autonomously, practical attitude, mindset focused on solutions and improvements.
- Flexible, open to changes. Willingness to travel abroad (part of the job).
Jobholder will report to the Head of Security, Crisis and Emergency Response
What do we offer?
- Brussels Airlines, member of Lufthansa Group, is Belgium’s national airline. We connect the capital of Europe to more than 70 destinations. Working safe and secure is at the base of all our actions for our passengers and ourselves.
- As we are on the path to growth again, with fleet expansions and the newest type of aircraft joining, we offer real career opportunities and the ability to learn different aspects of running an airline
- In addition to an attractive salary package (may differ depending on the seniority level), we also offer a lot of other perks:
- Flexible reward scheme which lets you tailor your remuneration to your needs
- Large discounts to fly on all Lufthansa Group airlines
- Meal vouchers
- Eco cheques
- Cheap hospitalisation insurance
- Well-connected office locations, both by car as by public transport