Within an integrated Lufthansa Group environment, Brussels Airlines is seeking for a Legal Counsel to join its Legal & Compliance Department.
As Legal Counsel, you will support the company’s business strategies, goals and objectives, by serving as a true business partner, ensuring compliance with laws and company procedures whilst at the same time balancing risks appropriately against business objectives.
- Contract Management: reviewing and negotiating a broad variety of (international) agreements covering all aspects of Brussels Airlines’ operations and activities.
- Legal Support: providing legal advice to internal business clients on aeropolitical topics and in matters of commercial law (including e-commerce and consumer protection), contract law and air
- Compliance: monitoring of the Brussels Airlines compliance program, mainly in the areas of anti-bribery and anti-corruption, competition compliance and anti-money laundering in Belgium and across the Lufthansa Group network in Africa.
- Dispute/Claims and Litigation Management: providing legal support for (contractual) disputes. Managing claims, litigation, authority investigations and administrative proceedings.
- Outside Counsel Management: liaising with and managing external legal counsels across different jurisdictions.
- Knowledge Management: monitoring relevant legislative changes and advising key stakeholders of the associated impact upon the business.
- Master’s degree in law.
- 1-3 years of experience as a lawyer at a reputable law firm or as in-house counsel at a leading international company.
- Keen interest in the aviation industry.
- Enjoys building relationships with individuals across different business units and thrives in a dynamic, culturally diverse and international environment.
- Excellent organisational, communication and drafting skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and show initiative.
- Well-organized and stress resistant.
- Flexible in both working independently and in a team.
- Commercially minded, offering pragmatic advice and solutions.
- Fluent English (spoken and written). Knowledge of Dutch and/or French is a definite plus.
What we offer
- A flexible reward plan that allows you to optimize part of your salary
- A flexible work environment focused on activity-based working and home office possibility
- Travel benefits
- Company car (or car allowance and/or public transport subscription)
- Profit sharing
- Group insurance
- Company medical plan (optional)
- Representation & homeworking allowance
- Meal & eco vouchers
- A spot in a very enthusiastic team & a great company to work for.